DEB literature and publications
(Redirected from DEB theory Introduction)
- A systematic account of the theory is given in the book DEB3 (Cambridge Univ Press, 3rd edition 2010), which corrected the errata found in the printed version.
- The notation document contains the rules for notation that are used, as well as the notation itself.
- Comments to DEB3 is a collection of developments since 2010 and explanations of parts of the book. It is a document which changes frequently.
- The summary of concepts presents the meaning the various concepts and their function in the theory. It has no formulae or biological observations and follows the section-structure of DEB3.
- posters: 1, 2
- ecological introduction: van der Meer 2006, Nisbet et al 2000, Jusup et al 2017
- conceptual introduction: Kooijman 2011, 2010, 2001
- formal introduction: Sousa et al 2010, 2008
- full description: Kooijman 2010, 2000, 1993
DEB publications - Zotero library
- An increasing number of papers summarizes particular aspects of the theory, formal (axiom-based) and less formal (biology-based), introductory and more advanced, focusing on the standard model and more general, sub- and supra-organismic levels. References and PDFs can be found in the DEB library on Zotero. Becoming a Zotero member is easy (and has no costs), which gives access to all PDFs.
Journal issues on DEB theory
Starting with the most recent:
- Ecological Modelling, in prep (2020), submission opens at 2019/08/01. Please contact Starrlight Augustine for contribution plans
- Journal of Sea Research 143 (2019)
- Journal of Sea Research 94 (2014)
- Journal of Sea Research 65 (2011) issue 1
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society 365 (2010) issue 1557 (see also here)
- Journal of Sea Research 62 (2009) issue 2, 3
- Journal of Sea Research 56 (2006) issue 2